Colder temps mean two things for our tresses: weather-ravaged strands and dry scalps. The combined effect of harsh winter elements and heated beauty tools basically spells out disaster. We’d happily whip up a hair-healing hack we learned from our grandmas, but who’s got the time? Luckily, there are 20 problem-solving beauty oils for your hair and scalp to keep dryness, flaking, and split ends at bay.
1. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment ($32): When chilly air hits your scalp, dandruff and dryness ensue. Unless you get your mitts on this hydrating charcoal treatment, that is.
2. Christophe Robin Moisturizing Hair Oil with Lavender ($47): Robin’s cult favorite lavender hair oil repairs and restores manes like a charm. This must-try product was first developed to restore the overly processed strands of supermodels, making it a runway-ready essential for your beauty toolkit.
3. Davines Oi Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion ($18): Frizz and static, be gone! This beautifying hair oil straightens locks over time, smoothes frizzy strands, and provides a silky finish.
4. This Works Sleep Plus Hair Elixir ($46): If you love naps and also covet shiny, soft hair, then this is the beauty buy for you. The name really says it all: It works in yo’ sleep. This Works’ elixir spray is a 2-in-1 treatment designed to promote a restful night’s sleep and boost hair vitality, leaving it smoother and softer by morning. It’s enriched with conditioning Argan, mineral-rich Jojoba and rejuvenating Baobab Oils, plus calming Lavender to aid relaxation.
5. Drybar 100 Proof Treatment Oil ($36): Get ready to create infinite shine with a formula that goes on light as a feather. 100 Proof Treatment Oil replenishes and restores dry, damaged strands weakened from styling or chemical processing. It helps control frizz and fly-aways for a smooth, shiny finish. 100 Proof Treatment Oil improves hydration, leaving hair soft and touchable.
6. French Girl Organics Hair Revive Oil ($38): This French girl-approved argan-based blend is clean too. While totally free of silicone and petroleum, it lights up those locks with vibes of la vie Parisienne.
7. Kiehl’s Strengthening and Hydrating Oil-in-Cream ($25): You’ll dig the unique texture of this strengthening, oil-in-cream haircare product. With continued use, you’ll enjoy even greater strength and resiliency.
8. La Tierra Sagrada Jojoba Hair Medicine ($24): Founder Stefani Padilla learned the secrets of shamanic plant-healing traditions, creating a line of extraordinary “beauty-meets-wellness” products. Her next-level hair medicine doesn’t just make your hair feel great — it’ll also soothe away any lingering post-holiday stress.
9. Leonor Greyl Paris L Huile de Leonor Greyl ($45): This award-winning pre-treatment oil deeply hydrates as it restructures your hair follicles. Apply it before washing to enjoy detangled, easy-to-style strands post-shower. This global cult favorite is a pre-shampoo oil treatment that is most effective if applied to dry hair prior to applying a shampoo. It is a multi-purpose blend of botanical oils that facilitate detangling, while protecting and nourishing your hair. It contains refined copra oil, which comes from cold-pressed coconut kernels, and mongongo oil, extracted from the nuts of an African tree that grows in the Kalahari Desert.
10. Le Prunier Plum Beauty Oil ($72): These luxe plum varietals and essential oils are said to protect your hair, skin, and nails six times better than marula oil and eight times better than argan oil. (Not that we’re comparing.) or get the Luxury Travel Kit for Dry Hair.
11. Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray ($14.95): First, spritz this vitamin E-rich pro-oil complex of macadamia and argan oils. Then, enjoy soft, shiny, sun-protected perfection. Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray is an ultra-fine mist ideal for medium hair textures. Hair Texture: Medium – Coarse. Key Benefits: Nourishes, hydrates and protects Infuses moisture, softness, shine and extends the life of color Reduces blow dry time and provides UV protection Key Ingredients: PRO OIL COMPLEX – Macadamia and argan oil blend Vitamin E – Hydrates and provides intense nourishment.
12. Moroccanoil Treatment Light ($15): Consider this the diet version of their original cult favorite, formulated specifically for fine-textured tresses. Enjoy healthy, silky, shiny hair that’s full of life. Moroccanoil? Treatment Light is specifically formulated for the delicate needs of light-colored (including platinum and white) and fine hair. Moroccanoil Travel Kit also available (48.00) What it is: A four-piece hair care set sized to travel featuring products that add volume to your locks.Kit includes:- Extra Volume Shampoo (2.4 oz.): a shampoo that works weightlessly to gently cleanse and boost volume on fine, limp hair and is infused with antioxidant-rich argan oil and revitalizing nutrients to restore hair’s health and bring back body, shine and manageability.- Extra Volume Conditioner (2.4 oz.): a conditioner that gives fine, limp hair body, shine and manageability without weighing it down and is infused with antioxidant-rich argan oil and revitalizing nutrients to condition without weighing your hair down.- Weightless Hydrating Mask (2.53 oz.): a rich, creamy and lightweight mask that deeply conditions fine, dry hair and is rich in argan oil and nourishing ingredients.- MOROCCANOIL Treatment Light (0.5 oz.): a treatment for fine or light-colored hair that conditions, styles and finishes. Style Name:Moroccanoil Volume Travel Kit ($55 Value). Style Number: 5412231. Available in stores.
13. Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil ($55): Envision this: an ultra-lightweight oil that does. It. ALL. It provides thermal and UV protection, intense nourishment, and is the end-all-be-all of damaged hair restoration. Could holy grail status be in this bb’s future?
14. Ouai Haircare Hair Oil ($28): Celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin’s buzzy beauty line yielded this top-rated hair oil. African Galanga, Ama, and Asian Borage oils combine together to rid you of scraggly ends forevermore.
15. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Relaxing Balm ($16.99): Silicone-infused formulas like this speed up drying times and make texture extra silky. Ulta insiders say they can barely keep this bad boy stocked.
16. Redken Diamond Oil Glow Dry ($32): You can shine bright like a diamond — after enjoying a significantly reduced blow-dry time and enhanced heat protection thanks to this favorite among Ulta shoppers.
17. Rodin by Recine Luxury Hair Oil ($70): This luxe oil is more like the elixir of life — for your hair. You’ll notice ah-mazing things happening after brushing in two or three drops of the antioxidant-rich oil combo.
The Rodin olio lusso travel kit (250.00) houses four conveniently travel-sized Rodin olio lusso iconic essentials: Lavender Absolute Face Oil, Lavender Absolute Body Oil, Rodin by Recine Hair Oil, and Lavender Absolute Crema. The kit is perfect as a carry-on to keep your skin looking fresh and nourished during long flights, or can easily fit in with your luggage. Linda’s travel kit is the chicest way to take little luxuries of Rodin olio lusso’s soothing Lavender Absolute products with you wherever your destination may be. Set includes: limited edition Lavender Absolute Face Oil .5 oz. Lavender Absolute Body Oil 1.9 oz. RODIN by RECINE Hair Oil .4 oz. and Lavender Absolute Crema 1.7 oz. Paraben-Free. Made in USA.
18. Verb Ghost Oil Plus Moringa ($14): This option gets its name because it goes on so discreetly, it’s like it’s not even there… except the argan and moringa blend leaves hair smoother, shinier, and revitalized in its wake.
19. Brazilian GlowTM Radiance & Renewal Multi-Tasking Oil($40): This Multi-Tasking Oil for Skin, Hair & Nails is crafted with Teadora’s Proprietary RainforestHydrationTM Elixir – a superfood cocktail of antioxidant, vitamin-rich, natural, organic & active essential oils from exotic Amazon rainforest superfruits, combined with Argan Plant Stem Cells.
20. RAHUA Elixir Daily Hair Drops($105): Rahua`s daily hair drops delivers strong, radiant, lustrous locks and healthy scalp, with the sweet floral aroma of gardenia enfleurage. This precious, handmade potent 100% pure Amazonian symbiotic® rahua oil from the rainforest is all you will ever need to insure your hair is healthy and lustrous.
Which hair oil will you try first? Tell us on Pinterest!
originally written by: Jessica Ourisman Jan 11, 2018 – products have been chosen by our staff.